Close, but no cigar, David Griffin reportedly moving on from New York Knicks general manager consideration
It seems that David Griffin will not be taking the New York Knicks general manager position, after all, a source told Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated.
There appear to be at least two sticking points according to those close to the source.
Contract talks between David Griffin and the NY Knicks broke down because Griffin wants to bring in his own people.
Griffin also wants to be president just like Phil Jackson, who the Knicks fired on June 28, 2017.
Griffin, who was general manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers, believes being a leader on the management team that brought the Cavs its first NBA championship should count for something.
Not directly reporting to Jim Dolan and having to report to Steve Mills, who is rumored to be named New York Knicks President, was not an option.
Latest from Ruth J. Morrison
- Whoopi Goldberg, Pat McGrath, Shonda Rhimes, Kim Kardashian, Shiggy, and more! [VIDEO] | What's The 411 News & Commentary - Ep. 129
- Shonda Rhimes Names 8 Shows Coming to Netflix
- Meghan Markle’s Sister and Father Just Won’t Go Away [ Video Conversation from What’s The 411]
- Michelle Williams Checks into Mental Health Facility
- Middle School Students Learn to Write Books They Can Sell